Avast Firewall is an important feature, which protects you from threats and hacker attacks. But sometimes you may require to pause it or turn it off for one reason or another, especially when it is blocking access to some sites and applications you trust or if you have any other third party Firewall, for instance, Comodo Free Avast Firewall. We do not recommend using Windows Firewall over Avast Firewall. Avast Firewall is the only part of the Avast superior products, i.e., Avast Premier and Avast Internet security. Avast Firewall is not available in the free version.
Avast Internet Security makes use of Firewall protection to check outgoing and incoming traffic to protect against online threats. However, it can detect false positives for specific apps and stop them from the log on the Internet. If you want these applications to work correctly, you can either disable the Avast Firewall or add the apps as Avast firewall exceptions.
It is straightforward to disable the Avast Firewall. You can either disable only Avast Firewall component or disable all Avast shields, i.e., Web Shield, File System Shield, Mail Shield, Antispam, and Firewall.
How to Turn off Avast Firewall
If you want to disable or turn off Avast Firewall Security only, you should try the following simple steps. Before you follow these steps, it is recommended to disable the Avast Firewall while you are offline as it will prevent potential hacker’s attacks.
Steps to Disable the Avast Firewall
Given below are the simple steps to turn off or disable the Avast firewall:
- Search for Avast in your computer’s search bar. You will see Avast on the list. Click on the Avast icon to launch it. You can also double-click on the icon you can see in the system tray.
- Go the Protection tab on the Avast interface. Instead, you can also click on “active” you see in the Avast dashboard, i.e., “Firewall is active.”
- Now select the “Firewall” option.
- Here you will see a green toggle button, and you have to switch it off.
- You will see four options, i.e. (a) disable the firewall for 10 minutes, (b) 1 hour, (c) stop until your next restart, (d) stop indefinitely.
- Choose any of these options to turn off the firewall shields.
- Another way to turn off or disable Avast Firewall is through Avast Firewall settings. Go to settings and choose components and then select a firewall. You will see on and off button here.
- When you disable it, you will see a yellow sign status in the dashboard, that you can remove by ignoring it.
How to Disable Avast Firewall in Windows 10
Are you a Windows 10 user? Do you want to disable or turn off your Avast Firewall in windows 10? The process is straightforward, and you can do it by disabling specific Avast shields in your Windows computer. Follow the steps given below:
- Launch Avast Antivirus on your computer. Double click on Avast icon to open it.
- When the Avast dashboard opens, choose the protection tab you see on the left side of the screen.
- In the protection menu, choose the Core Shields option.
- In the Core Shields option, you will see each shield with a toggle button next to each name.
- Here you can turn off or disable the shields you need to stop.
- When you turn off the shield, you will see four options (a) stop shields for 10 minutes, (b) for 1 hour, (c) until computer restart, (d) permanently. Select any of these options that you prefer.
- When you disabled the shields, you will see a yellow colored dashboard, and the toggle buttons will show off.
- In the dashboard, a message will appear that the shield is off. The green button will be there to turn it back on. Whenever you want to turn on shields, you can do it by clicking on the shields button.
Disabling Avast firewall will leave you more vulnerable to viruses.
You can deactivate or turn off your avast using the above-mentioned methods. You can stop Avast Firewall from interfering your downloads or websites to work permanently or temporarily. Now you have not to worry about downloading 3rd party software. You can also enable Avast Firewall antivirus back whenever you want it after completing your work.